U.S. Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads and the Virginia Maritime Association invite all towing vessel crewmembers to join us for the 11th annual essential safety seminar. Refresh and Learn vital safety, security and survival skills. Observe the latest in industry and personal safety equipment on display.
Morning presentations will be on the topics of:
• Deck Safety Practices
• Error Chain/ Casualty Review
• Crew Endurance Management
• New Administrative Law Judge Intro
• “Subchapter M” Update (Proposed Towing Vessel Inspection Regulations)
Afternoon activities include:
• Fire Fighting Simulator Training
• Operation of Distress Signals
• Emergency Drill Procedures
• A.E.D. Operation
• USCG Cutter Visit
The afternoon will also include the 2nd Annual “Tug Boatman’S Challenge.” This tugboat crewmember competition is comprised of numerous companies battling each other in various events for prizes and bragging rights.
Certificates will be presented to crewmembers.
Due to USCG Base access, security, and limited seating, pre-registration is required as early as possible!
Lunch is provided. Register early by contacting Virginia Maritime Association at (757) 622-2639 OR email email@example.com