(MARTINSBURG, W.Va.) — In accordance with federal regulations, duplicate merchant mariner credentials (MMCs) may be issued free of charge to mariners whose credentials were lost or destroyed as a result of recent tornadoes in Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri and Tennessee.
Affected mariners should follow the steps below to obtain an expedited replacement credential:
• Provide a statement of loss to the National Maritime Center (NMC) via fax at (304) 433-3412 or via e-mail at IASKNMC@uscg.mil. The statement should contain the following:
• Mariner’s full name
• Mariner’s date of birth
• Mariner’s reference number (MRN) (if you don’t know the MRN, include the mariner’s Social Security number)
• The mailing address where the replacement credential should be sent
• Current phone number and/or e-mail address that the NMC can use to contact the mariner with questions, if necessary
• Description of the circumstances surrounding the loss/destruction of the credential.
Unless otherwise requested, any duplicate merchant mariner credentials issued per the request process above will include a corresponding medical certificate, if previously issued. The NMC will make every effort to have duplicate credentials mailed out the next business day.
Alternatively, mariners may submit form CG-719B, Application for Merchant Mariner Credential, to one of the Regional Exam Centers with the information above. If your credential is unserviceable due to damage or your lost credential is subsequently found, that credential should be mailed to the National Maritime Center.
If you have questions or feedback regarding duplicate credentials, contact the National Maritime Center via the online chat or ticketing system, by e-mailing IASKNMC@uscg.mil, or by calling 888-IASKNMC (427-5662).
– National Maritime Center