The following is text of a news release from Ribcraft:
(MARBLEHEAD, Mass.) — The California Department of Fish and Wildlife recently took delivery of two new Ribcraft 5.85s. Delivered to the Southern District which covers all of Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles and San Diego counties, the new Ribcrafts will be operated by one or two wardens for patrol and enforcement operations. At just over 19 feet, these rigid-hull inflatable boats (RHIBs) can be easily trailered and launched while still delivering open water performance along the Southern California coast.
Ribcraft worked with the department to build a boat that meets their diverse operational requirements. Featuring a forward-positioned center console with front bench seat, two side-by-side Shockwave suspension seats, heavy duty T-top with windscreen, and a complete Raymarine electronics package, each new boat provides a comfortable platform for long patrols in both open and protected waters, while offering an open deck for officers and gear. Powered by a 115-hp Yamaha, this 5.85 will reach speeds in excess of 40 mph.
Features of the Ribcraft 5.85 include:
• Forward-positioned center console with front bench seat
• Powder-coated T-top with windscreen and electronics box
• Two Shockwave Corbin Jockey suspension seats
• Full-length, stainless-steel beaching shoe
• Heavy-duty military gray 1670 dtx Hypalon tube with two rows of rubstrake reinforcing
• Electronics package complete with 12V outlet, handheld spot light, LED light bar, LED floodlights for 360-degree illumination, Whelen hailer/siren, Raymarine GPS and radar, ICOM VHF with AIS, state agency radio, and EPIRB
• Heavy-duty Boat Master trailer
Additionally, the Department of Fish and Wildlife recently awarded Ribcraft a contract to supply and deliver shipboard RHIBs for their fleet of long-range fisheries patrol boats. Under this contract, the department again will utilize the 19-foot 5.85, but with a slightly modified layout for shipboard operations. Featuring a center console with a radar arch, integrated hoisting fittings, and a 115-hp Yamaha four stroke outboard, these RHIBs will be deployed for boarding and response operations up to 200 miles offshore.