Founded in 1958 as Alaska Marine & Equipment in Cooper Landing, AK, by Harold Walton Johnson, Northern Lights has grown into one of the marine industry’s most respected companies.
Starting with a line of industrial generators for Alaskan lodges and off-grid applications, Mr. Johnson’s company soon developed a maritime version of the generator set whose robust design and ease of service became the genset of choice for the region’s demanding commercial fishing industry. The Lugger propulsion engine would follow, utilizing the same core principals of reliable power production, durable build, and simplicity of use and maintenance.
Northern Lights corporate headquarters were moved to the banks of the
To commemorate 50 years of remarkable growth, Northern Lights will plan a series of events and celebrations in 2008.