Moran tugboats switching to ultra-low-sulfur, biodiesel fuels

(CHARLESTON, S.C.) — The Moran Charleston tugboat company is switching one of its vessels to ultra-low-sulfur fuel and another to biodiesel, the television station WCBD reported. One boat getting new fuel is the Elizabeth Turecamo, Moran’s largest tug at Charleston. Moran will pay 25 percent of the cost of the new fuel, while state and federal programs will cover the remaining 75 percent.
Click here to view the TV station’s story. 
By Professional Mariner Staff