March 29, 2010, HUNTSVILLE, Ala. â€” Baron Services, a leading weather technology company and innovator in datalink weather for the maritime industry, today announced the immediate availability of Baron QuikLinkâ„¢, the companyâ€™s subscription-based global weather data service. Supplying graphical weather information in small, targeted downloads over a data connection, QuikLink features the innovative World Marine data package, which provides a 23-region coverage area and pricing tiers starting at just $49.99 per month.
â€œPowerful and affordable, Baron QuikLink is the latest revolution in marine weather,â€ said Bob Baron, President and CEO of Baron Services. â€œWhether our customers choose to use the system for sailing, fishing or international navigation, QuikLinkâ€™s World Marine data package is a comprehensive weather resource that can be tailored to meet each customerâ€™s individual needs.â€
Providing a comprehensive suite of accurate and reliable location-based weather information, QuikLink provides truly global lightning with no gaps in coverage and rainfall rate data, which is calculated based on advanced meteorological modeling techniques particularly valuable in areas where no radars exist. QuikLink data can be geo-referenced with a NMEA-compatible GPS device when connected to a PC so users can track their position simultaneously with the data. Particularly useful, the end user can select which data products within a particular region they would like to receive, further narrowing transmission time and reducing bandwidth costs.
Available for just $49.99 (one region), $79.99 (two regions) or $99.99 (all regions) per month, the Baron World Marine package includes the following data set:
· Worldwide Lightning
· Sea Surface Temperatures (Current)
· Wave Height (Current, 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Wave Period (Current, 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Wave Direction (Current, 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Rainfall Rate (3-Hour Estimate and 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Worldwide Satellite Imagery
· Worldwide Surface Observations (reported at international airports)
· Worldwide Buoy Observations
· Worldwide City Forecasts
· Marine Zone Forecasts (Marine Zones, Coastal, and High Seas)
· Tropical Storm and Hurricane Information (Atlantic and Pacific Basin)
· Winds Aloft Direction and Speed
· Weather Maps for the Atlantic and Pacific basins (Current, 12, 24, 36 and 48-Hour Forecast)
· Surface Pressure (Current, 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Surface Wind Direction and Speed (Current, 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Surface Visibility (Current, 12, 24 and 36-Hour Forecast)
· Radar (U.S. coastline, including Alaska and Hawaii, plus Canada and Puerto Rico)
· Echo Tops (U.S. and Puerto Rico)
· Sea Ice
· Ocean Currents
*Some data products may not be available in all regions.
Providing one-click access to QuikLinkâ€™s comprehensive data suite is Baron WxWorx software, a powerful PC-based solution, which provides an easy and responsive point-and-click interface and GPS compatibility (NMEA-compatible device required). Baron WxWorx has a manufacturerâ€™s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $550 and is available immediately. Compatible with most Windows PCs, Baron WxWorx software displays QuikLinkâ€™s high-resolution data over a detailed map with the ability to pan and zoom down within any region to the span of one mile.
In order to receive and display QuikLink data, users must have a subscription to the Baron World Marine data package, Baron WxWorx software, a data connection and a compatible Windows-based PC. For more information on QuikLink or to purchase Baron WxWorx software and a subscription to the World Marine data package, please visit www.baronservices.com/quiklink.