(MOBILE, Ala.) — The American Equity Underwriters Inc. (AEU), a provider of workers’ compensation to waterfront employers, has announced eight new members have joined the ALMA Member Advisory Council.
The council is a group of forward-thinking maritime industry professionals who provide insight into waterfront employers’ unique challenges. Working closely with AEU’s senior management team, they provide input on company innovations, recommend new products and services, and advise on industrywide concerns affecting waterfront employers.
“The feedback we receive from the council is invaluable in helping us continuously evolve and innovate,” said Michael Lapeyrouse, president and CEO of AEU. “It helps us understand what waterfront employers are dealing with and how we can help ALMA members and the industry as a whole.”
2021 ALMA Member Advisory Council
• Eddy Bagdasar, vice president, Coastal Marine Services
• Mike Brackin, controller, North America Stevedoring
• Susan Connolly, senior risk adviser, APM Terminals
• Mark Curtiss, president, LSGC, LLC dba Lead Staffing
• Greg Davis, risk analyst, Austal USA
• John DeBlieux, vice president, Deepwater Riser Services, Morrison
• Jim Dillman, president, Gateway Terminal
• John Doris, deputy CFO, Eastern Shipbuilding Group
• Tracey Jennings, maritime insurance director, Donjon Shipbuilding and Repair
• Michelle Jones, managing director, Delta Marine Industries Inc.
• Jeff Kreutzer, chief financial officer, S.H. Bell Company
• George Leavell, vice president and chief operating officer, Wepfer Marine Inc.
• Steve Nixon, vice president, APS Stevedoring
• Tom Sears, general counsel and vice president of administrative services, Condustrial Inc.
• Jill Savard, chief executive officer, Savard Labor & Marine Inc.
• Stephen Watson, general manager, Turn Key Scaffold LLC
• Ben White, senior corporate and risk counsel, American Commercial Barge Line
Members serve on the council voluntarily for a term of two years.
About The American Equity Underwriters Inc.
Headquartered in Mobile, Ala., The American Equity Underwriters Inc. serves as program administrator for American Longshore Mutual Association Ltd., a group self-insurance fund authorized by the U.S. Department of Labor for waterfront employers in all 50 states under the United States Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act. AEU provides services including claims handling, loss control, longshore consulting and other support. For more information, call (866) 238-8754 or visit amequity.com.
– The American Equity Underwriters Inc.