(EGERSUND, Norway) — Simrad has announced the launch of the I3005 and I3007 Professional Instrument Series. Offering superior color with easy touch control, the new 5-inch and 7-inch displays deliver a variety of attractive analog-style gauges and configurable digital data display layouts, as well as the ability to enable up to eight different functions simultaneously.
Simrad I3005 and I3007 are IMO approved as a rudder angle indicator, heading repeater, rate-of-turn indicator (I3007 only), propeller pitch indicator and propeller revolution indicator, and also monitor other functions like engine RPM, wind, digital data, thruster propeller pitch angle and boat speed. Designed for flexible installation that supports a wide variety of I/O signal types, both display sizes are approved for SOLAS vessels.
“Today’s mariners require a great deal of vessel data to safely and efficiently perform their mission,” said Leif Ottosson, CEO, Navico Group. “Our new Professional Instrument Series offers a customizable view of the information that our customers need while replacing multiple gauges that take up valuable helm station real estate.”
The Simrad I3005 and I3007 instruments have the ability to enable the following features simultaneously:
• Heading repeater – IMO approved when paired with NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183 or LWE heading sensor such as Simrad GPS and gyrocompasses.
• Rudder indicator – IMO approved indicator system when paired with an appropriate rudder angle sensor. The unit reads rudder position from Simrad rudder feedback or compatible NMEA 0183 feedbacks from other third-party systems.
• Rate of turn indicator – The 7-inch IMO approved and 5-inch non-IMO rate of turn indicator includes a configurable range scale and is compatible with Simrad HS60/70/80 GPS compasses, Simrad GS80/85 gyros and Simrad Precision-9 and RC-42 magnetic compasses.
• Propeller pitch indicator – Configurable for use with third-party propulsion and thruster sensors.
• Propeller shaft RPM – IMO compliant with a selectable range scale with the addition of third-party sensors.
• Engine RPM indicator – Features a selectable range scale from 200 up to 10,000 RPMs with compatible third-party sensors.
• Wind instrument – Measures true wind speed and angle, apparent wind speed and angle, and acts as a wind speed indicator with selectable units (Beaufort, knots and meters-per-second) and orientation (relative to north or the ship’s bow).
• Digital data – Offers data layout for display or a multitude of data types, such as vessel, environmental, navigation, engine, depth, speed, heave, pitch, roll, time and date.
The Simrad I3005 and I3007 Professional Instrument Series will be available from authorized global dealers in July. For more information on the Simrad I3005, I3007 or the brand’s entire line of professional marine electronics, visit www.navico-commercial.com.