(WATERTOWN, N.Y.) — MetalCraft Marine (MCM) U.S. has delivered boat seven of a 36-boat order to Pensacola, Fla., for the U.S. Coast Guard’s medium endurance cutters.
The Interceptor 7M is the smallest of the MCM Interceptor model line. The 7M offers the same controlled, smooth ride as larger models because of its design, construction and weight.
This rigid inflatable boat (RIB) is designated a cutter boat large (CB-L) and is part of the Coast Guard’s Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quality (IDIQ) CB-L replacement program. Through this program MCM will deliver up to 46 7M CB-L vessels to the Coast Guard fleet.
The 7M Interceptor is designed to ISO 12215 structural standard Category A, (Unlimited Sea State) and American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) standard for all systems.
• Single Volvo Penta D-3 diesel engine with duo prop outdrive that delivers 38 knots
• Raymarine command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance (C4ISR) electronics
• David Clark comms system
• Allsalt Shox shock mitigating seats
• Wing Inflatables foam collar
• Zipwake gyro-controlled auto trim and list controller
• Rapid hinged radar arch
• Long gun locker
• Full opening engine hatch with ABYC sill
• Four-point and three-point lifting eyes.
– MetalCraft Marine