(MIDDLETOWN, R.I.) — KVH Industries Inc. has announced that as of the end of 2015, it had shipped more than 6,000 TracPhone satellite communications antenna systems for the mini-VSAT Broadband network. This milestone reaffirms the company’s top market share position in the maritime VSAT industry by vessels in service, a benchmark noted in the COMSYS Maritime VSAT Report, Fourth Edition, March 2015. The company also announced that it recently expanded the capacity on its global mini-VSAT Broadband network, which provides essential connectivity to vessels around the world.
“Our solution has been widely adopted because it brings simplicity and value to ship owners and operators, fleet IT managers, operations professionals, officers, and captains operating in a highly competitive global environment,” said Martin Kits van Heyningen, KVH’s chief executive officer. “When we entered the market in 2007, our goal was to win a leadership position through market disruption, changing the way mariners thought about satellite communications by offering a complete solution encompassing small, simple, easy-to-install equipment, fast data speeds, and cost-effective airtime.”
Since that early market introduction, the company has ramped up to an average of nearly 1,000 systems per year for five consecutive years, 2011-2015, as reliance on fast and reliable satellite broadband connectivity has spread throughout the maritime industry. In 2012, the mini-VSAT Broadband service became the maritime VSAT market share leader according to leading market research reports, a position that has been repeatedly re-confirmed in report updates.
To provide the most robust coverage possible, the company continually monitors and upgrades its mini-VSAT Broadband service, and recently expanded its network via an additional Ku-band service beam that provides Pacific Northwest U.S. coverage, where fishing fleets operate and rely on connectivity from KVH.
These announcements follow last fall’s successful launch of KVH’s expanded maritime solution, mini-VSAT Broadband 2.0. This solution includes:
• Compact yet powerful TracPhone V-IP series systems designed exclusively for the mini-VSAT Broadband network;
• A wide range of options for affordable airtime plans that deliver top data speeds on the network at every price point;
• Global connectivity from the maritime industry’s most extensive C/Ku-band satellite network;
• A global private terrestrial and MPLS network for enhanced data security;
• The myKVH portal for proactive data management;
• KVH OneCare comprehensive global support options;
• E-learning maritime training programs from Videotel, part of KVH;
• Affordable delivery of gigabytes of the content needed onboard vessels today via IP-MobileCast, KVH’s unique content delivery service.
• Commercially licensed content from KVH Media Group, delivered via its many services to the maritime industry, including NEWSlink, MOVIElink, and TVlink.
Taken together, the company refers to the complete solution under the Power of One banner.
KVH, Videotel, and KVH Media Group conduct global sales and support activities from offices around the world, including 24/7/365 network monitoring and technical support to mini-VSAT Broadband vessels. The global satellite network utilizes capacity from 26 transponders on 19 satellites.
For more information about the mini-VSAT Broadband 2.0 service, visit www.minivsat.com/one.