Based out of Oakland, CA, Vane Brothers’ West Coast Vessel Supervisor is expected to assume responsibility for the following primary tasks:
• Perform shore-side support functions for both the fleet Port Engineer and Port Captain on a shared basis as needed and directed.
• Assist Port Captain and Port Engineer in monitoring vessel compliance to all company policies including safety and environmental policies.
• Assist and participate with, or on behalf of, Port Captain or Port Engineer on all regulatory inspections, as mandated by U.S.C.G. and class authorities.
• Assist Port Captain with the monitoring of the safe and efficient cargo transfer operations on all assigned vessels as directed.
• Assist on, or attend, lightering operations.
• Assist Port Captain and Port Engineer with the scheduling of inspections and equipment service.
• Perform vessel inspections as needed on behalf of Port Captain and Port Engineer.
• Support shore-side engineering and operations departments in repair and maintenance for vessels including routine voyage repairs, regulatory surveys, dry docking shipyard events, emergencies, casualties, and modifications.
• Assist Port Engineer or other engineering personnel in technical matters relating to the proper functioning of vessel machinery, systems, and components.
• Participate in incident response, investigation, and corrective action as directed.
• Perform other tasks as required.
Please go to www.VaneBrothers.com/Careers and select VANE BROTHERS JOB LIST for more information and to apply.