The Marine Transportation Supervisor (Vessel Master):
- Administer the waterway channel maintenance program and the navigational aids program.
- Be responsible for preventive maintenance and repair of all navigation aids and prepare short and long-range preventive maintenance plans for the Marine Division.
- Provide technical expertise for emergency response, vessel casualty investigations and conducts investigations as required.
- Develop and participate in annual emergency response exercises and training.
- Exercise technical and administrative supervision over Marine crew.
- Prepare short and long range capital plans for navigational aids.
- Develop new or modify existing operations procedures and training programs.
To qualify for the Grade 13, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, it must include:
- Experience safely operating and maintaining vessels and tugboats including towing and pushing vessels and barges.
- Experience operating Azimuthing Stern Drive (ASD/Z-drive) vessels
In addition to the specialized experience requirements for the GS-13, you must meet the following Selective Factors:
- A valid USCG Merchant Marine Credential, as Master of Steam or Motor Vessels of 500 gross registered ton (GRT) or greater, upon the Great Lakes and Inland waters.
- A valid USCG License/Credentials that qualifies you as Master of Towing Vessels in the Great Lakes (or superseding routes).
For more information and to apply go HERE.