Be part of the transportation solution in the Bay Area! The San Francisco Bay Area Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA) has a rare opportunity for a Grants and Budget Administrator. WETA operates under the brand San Francisco Bay Ferry (SFBF) and carries over three million passengers annually utilizing a fleet of 15 high speed passenger-only ferry vessels. WETA currently serves Alameda, Oakland, Richmond, San Francisco, South San Francisco, and Vallejo.
Support WETA’s commitment to growing ridership and reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the Bay Area! Between 2017 and 2020, eight new ferries with a combined 3,235 seats have been added to the San Francisco Bay Ferry fleet. This injection of capacity allows WETA to grow service on existing routes with environmentally responsible vessels. WETA’s 2035 vision would expand service throughout the Bay Area, operating 12 services at 16 terminals with a fleet of 44 vessels.
The Grants and Budget Administrator reports to the Chief Financial Officer and plays a critical role in WETA’s success by performing complex financial, analytical, and administrative functions to support development, implementation, and management of the Agency’s transit and emergency response grant programs. WETA offers a small collegial team, hybrid work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent health and retirement benefits.
The Ideal Candidate will Demonstrate a Combination of Education and Experience Equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field – additional years of experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of a degree
- Four years of experience in public sector financial or management analysis or equivalent experience including capital budgeting or planning, grants administration and analysis
- Experience in public transit or transportation planning is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Federal, state, and regional transportation funding programs, regulations, and processes
- Grant program activities including researching potential grant opportunities, developing grant funding strategies; completing necessary grant programming and application materials; and preparing grant related reports for the Board of Directors
- Grant contract administration activities including developing grant contract documents; administering grant rules, regulations, and requirements; developing grant amendment requests; tracking project activities, and preparing project status reports for granting agencies, WETA management, and the Board of Directors
- Managing invoicing, reimbursement, and related activities for all WETA grant-funded activities and projects
- Developing and maintaining multiyear funding plans and financial models following high-level independent analysis of current and potential funding sources
- Collaborating with the Chief Financial Officer to incorporate grant funding into the annual budget and short- or long-range business plans
- Assisting with internal and external financial or grant-related audits and reviews of the Agency’s capital, grant, fixed asset, or other related programs
- Assisting in the preparation and analysis necessary for local, state, and federal financial and operating reports
- Working with project managers and accounting staff to resolve grant, project, budget discrepancies or questions
To Be Considered:
Email your resume and a cover letter addressing why you are a great fit for this role, and your salary expectations to: email@example.com with the subject heading “Grants and Budget Administrator.”
The entire job description is available on our website at: https://weta.sanfranciscobayferry.com/employment