Moran Miami, a division of Moran Towing Corporation (www.morantug.com), a leading tug and barge services company with locations spanning the U.S. Atlantic and Gulf Coasts, has an exceptional job opportunity for a full-time Port Technician. Moran is a growth-oriented company committed to providing safe, high quality, and efficient tug assist, towing, transportation, and related maritime services to our world-wide customers. The Port Technician is responsible for engineering related tasks necessary to support safe and efficient operation of the tugs. The incumbent must be able to work in an unsupervised capacity, demonstrating responsibility with high accountability for process and results.
The Port Technician works business hours Monday through Friday, and as necessary during off-hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate, promote, and oversee safe working practices, including assisting with safety meetings with vessel engineers and crew and performing safety compliance checks aboard vessels
- Troubleshoot and evaluate mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems, and repair as able
- Assist with vessel maintenance relating to engineering, including monitoring engineering work in progress for planned and unplanned maintenance and helping with corrective actions for emergency or casualty repairs
- Serve as the main local point of contact for repair contractors and parts suppliers
- Schedule and attend Annual Business Surveys and USCG inspections as required
- Review, input, and update Moran’s Operating Management System (OMS)
- Review maintenance software usage, including timely completion of daily logs and scheduled maintenance tasks
- Monitor tug engineering daily reports, fuel, and ballast quantity; manage/purchase critical spares and consumables; coordinate purchasing and distribution of engine and deck supplies
- Obtain a Person-In-Charge (PIC) qualification to manage and instruct engineers for fuel transfer to/from a vessel
- Help with tug shipyard periods/dry dockings
- Teach fleet engineers new or unfamiliar tasks for personnel development; communicate and collaborate with regional port engineering staff
- High school diploma
- Two years’ relevant work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated good judgment, work flexibility, and a high level of initiative and organization
- Must be able to obtain a Merchant Mariner’s Document (MMD) and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Maritime degree
- Previous maritime employment
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching, bending, stooping, and crawling
- Frequent walking and navigating stairs, ladders, and uneven surfaces
- Occasional tool use to include wide range of combined physical motions
- Occasional lifting of heavy objects (up to 75 lbs.)
- Speaking, hearing, and seeing (color vision required)
Moran offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. To be considered, apply online at https://www.morantug.com/careers-at-moran/ by submitting a cover letter and resume with the subject line, Port Technician, Moran Miami.
Moran Towing Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.